Glass House of Lalbagh Botanical Gardens was built in 1889 to commemorate the visit of Prince of Wales. Sir John Cameron was the Lalbagh Superintendent at that time. The Glass House was designed on the lines of Crystal Palace in England and has an area of 17,000 sq. ft.
Formerly Glass House was used to acclimatise the different exotic plant species which were imported from other countries. Now Glass House is used to conduct flower shows twice a year: on 26 January and 15 August.
Lalbhag Botanical Gardens is spread over 240 acres in the heart of Bangalore. Distance from M.G. Road metro station is 8 km and from Kempegowda International Airport is 40 km.
The camera is Sony DSC-S750. Aperture was f/5.6 and shutter speed 1/250 sec. No flash was fired.